Friday

Telecommuting

Today, I highlighted the word TELECOMMUTING on my blog Business English Paris. I think it is also an appropriate word for SBSIB - Small Biz Society International Blog. Of course, I realize it has been a long time since I have blogged on SBSIB. Indeed, the last update right before this one was done when Barack Obama was still president of the United States.  That's a long time.

Today, as I sit in my home office blogging, I am a world away from where I was when I wrote that last post - no doubt my apartment in Brooklyn New York. I have been gone so long that I did not remember what SBSIB stood for! And this is my own blog! My own creation! I had set it to private for about a decade and promptly forgot all about it and it wasn't until I was cleaning out my digital archives that I stumbled upon it and wondered why the heck I stopped blogging on this topic in the first place.

AMAZON FOR MEN

So here, I am, at my home office, in of all places, Paris, and the coronavirus is wrecking havoc on the world and just about everybody is telecommuting these days - both small businesses and large businesses. For many small businesses, telecommuting has always been a norm. Independent workers and small business owners have always had these alternative "smart" work site options for themselves and their employees - by necessity. It is just cheaper to have workers work from home and is a great way to save on overhead.

AMAZON FOR WOMEN 

Of course, this time around with the coronavirus, telecommuting is not a question of saving on overhead. It is a question of sanitation.